As per the report published on FIH (International Hockey Federation) website, the Executive Board decided to bring in a 45-second shot clock for all penalty corners, which will come in effect from the Women’s Hockey World League Round 4 tournament in Argentina.The board also decided to remove extra time from FIH events, thus classifications games will directly go into shootout, if tied after regulation time of 70 minutes. Continue reading →
The four-week long five-team tournament will feature 120 players from India and around the world in 34 matches including 4 knock-out stage matches. Four of the five teams will play semi-finals, which will be decided on the basis on standings in league stage to be played on home and away basis.
Here, we have brought you the summary of rules of the tournament:
1) Matches will be played under ‘FIH Rules of Hockey‘ applicable from January 1, 2013, including own goal.
2) Teams to play each other three times on home-and-away basis. Two of four third head-on match will at home and other two away.
3) Points will be awarded as follows:
Win: Five (5) points
Draw: Two (2) points Continue reading →
In addition to the topline rules that have been mentioned for the Lanco International Super Series, fans are encouraged to read over all the rules to ensure you are across all the action while watching the tournament!
New rules for the International Super Series include:
• Each match consists of two 15 minute halves (instead of 2×35 minute halves) with only 5 minutes break for halftime
• All teams have a maximum of 9 players on the field (instead of 11 players)
• One player from each team must remain in the forward half at all times
• Each team can use up to 18 players (instead of 16)
• The penalty situations have been simplified to make it more broadcast friendly and easier to understand for new viewers: Continue reading →