Contribute to The Fans of Hockey
We at thefansofhockey.com (referred as “the website” or “our” or “us” or “we” in this page, unless stated otherwise) thank you for your interest in contributing to the website. Please read through this page carefully before you send us your Article/Photographs/Videos/Sketches/Graphics, etc.
Ways of contribution:
- Share Photographs/Videos/Sketches/Graphics, etc.
- Write Guest Article(s)
- Send Tournament Details
- Send Press Releases
- Get us in touch with National/Continental Hockey Federations, Hockey Clubs, Players, Coaches or anybody related to Hockey who can help us contribute to the game
- Help us in reaching more people by sharing the website with your friends, fellow players, coaches, clubs, federations, etc. or inviting them to follow us social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube, etc.
Terms and Conditions for Contribution:
- It should be your original contribution or you should have the rights to share it.
- By sharing Photographs/Videos/Sketches/Graphics, etc. you would be transferring rights to thefansofhockey.com for using them in anyway by us.
- Length of an article should be approximately 200-300 words or longer. If it is felt incomplete, you would be asked to revise it.
- Writing in English is a must.
- Affiliate or Multiple links are not allowed in the article.
- Enough references to the proofs should be provided with facts, like international caps, date of birth of a player or a tournament statistics, etc.
- Do not forget to include a brief biography (2-3 sentences) of yourself and IDs of your social profiles (if you would like to share) with your first article for website. The biography will appear after the article along with the links to your social profiles.
- Article should be in a .txt or .doc/docx file.
- Photographs/Videos/Sketches/Graphics etc could be in any general formats such as .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, .avi, .mpg, .flv, .mp4 etc.
Your Articles/Photographs/Videos/Sketches/Graphics will have to be original and not published anywhere else, because we like originality.
We add original right holders name and our logo on the Photographs/Videos/Sketches/Graphics, etc. before publishing, as we do not want it to be stolen or redistributed without the copyrights holder’s permissions.
We reserve the right to edit your article, to ensure that it falls inline with format we use to publish articles.
Once your article/photograph or media is published on thefansofhockey.com it can not be taken back. We reserve the rights to change or edit your post published here without any verbal or written communication.
We also reserve the right to reject any contribution, but we will try to reply to your contributing email. Generally you can resubmit it if we ask you to make any changes.
Plagiarism in any form will not be encouraged.
Why Should you contribute here?
thefansofhockey.com is one of the best websites on field hockey and striving to be the leader. Your article published here will be read by many people, readers will be able see your profile, visit your website, social profile, so be professional and creative in your contribution. You will have a dedicated archive page for yourself, which can be added to any of your profiles, resume, etc.
We need sometime before you see your article online!
We try our best to publish the article ASAP, but need some time to process it and verify the facts, originality, etc before making it available to the public. We may take a week’s time before it goes online after receiving your mail. Sometimes, we may save the article for an appropriate time later, if so, you will be intimated by email. Sometimes, we may not even publish your article because the quality of matter or subject is inadequate. So, before sending your article, just keep yourself in the shoes of the thefansofhockey.com‘s editor and ask yourself, what would you do with this article.
If you have finished reading, you should go ahead and email us (thefansofhockey[at]gmail.com) your contributions.