JUDE FELIX HOCKEY ACADEMY CHARITABLE TRUST (Regd.)
The Jude Felix Hockey Academy (JFHA), Charitable Trust (Regd.),affiliated to Karnataka State hockey Association, is a non profit organization started in January 2009 by Former Internationals and national players to promote the game of Hockey amongst the under-privileged children in our country at large and develop new talent for the game.
Jude Felix is an Arjuna Awardee, Olympian and former Captain of the Indian National Hockey Team. He proudly served the national team for more than a decade.
The coaches for the program are drawn from former national and international players who come with tremendous skills, commitment and sensitivity towards this unique program.
Goals of JFHA:
* To impart professional Hockey training to children mostly from under-privileged backgrounds
* To create awareness and promote the sport amongst children
* To teach life skills using the game of Hockey
* To have holistic approach in development of children who are denied of exposure to any kind of sports activity
* To prepare the children professionally to compete at higher levels
* Train the children to enable them to avail the benefits of various sports schemes like educational scholarships and sports quota jobs offered in various government institutions
* To prepare the children to get admissions in Sports Authority of India and other State offered sports schools and sports hostels
Quality Advantage of JFHA:
* Started by Jude Felix, the Academy comes with the commitment of an International Hockey Player
* The coaches are drawn from an extensive pool of former international and national players ensuring very high quality standards of training
* The program is geared towards the holistic development of the children using Hockey and also extensively networking with state government and sports authorities to bring the best opportunities for the children
Benefits of participating in Sports:
* Provide opportunity for positive social interactions and support
* Effective medium to promote Interaction with diverse groups of children and individuals
* Effective medium to break social barriers, mindsets and prejudices in a fun learning environment
* Boosts mental health, self-confidence, and self-esteem
* Helps develop life-skills such as discipline, decision-making, problem solving, critical thinking, self-awareness, coping with stress and emotions.
* Increases the likelihood of developing good health habits and getting hooked on exercise
* Increased strength and endurance
* Develop motor skills, improve flexibility, mobility and coordination
* Leadership, teamwork, goal setting and responsibility
JFHA’s first project is in partnership with St. Mary’s Orphanage, Cooke town, Bangalore. The goal is to offer professional Hockey Coaching to the orphan and abandoned children from St. Mary’s Orphanage. Subsequent to the success of this pilot project, the aim of JFHA is to take the program to hundreds other children from other shelter homes and orphanages.
Target Group of Children from St. Marys Orphanage:
|Sl. No.||Age Group||No. of Children|
We are looking at long time tie up with corporate sponsors and individuals to maintain the running cost as mentioned above, keeping in mind the following:
* An exclusive partnership giving you sole promotion and publicity benefits in all collaterals and communication related to the program
* An opportunity to shape the future of deserving children and creating positive impact in their lives
* Recognition as a “Socially Conscious Organization” thus enhancing company reputation
* Widespread Promotion in all leading newspapers, website(under development) and communication material at JFHA.
* Name and logo on all Kitting for the children
* Regular/quarterly updates, event (stake holder’s lunch/dinner or any other networking event).
ACTIVITIES OF THE ACADEMY SINCE INCEPTION:
* Regular hockey training for the children on week days from 6:00am to 7:00am.Saturday 2:45 pm to 4:45 pm and Sunday 6:30am to 8:30 am.
* Along with Hockey training, life skills have also been inculcated for the trainees.( United Nations Report Enclosed herewith)
* We had started with biscuits as diet after the training and later along with bananas. From October we have included eggs also.
* Medreich Ltd, pharmaceutical company from Maruthi Sevanagar, having a charitable hospital have extended free medical support for the Academy children.
* Kelly School of Business, Indiana University, U S, had interacted with the children at the Orphanage ground during the month of August 2009.
* We had sent seven boys from the program for M E G Boys Company selections during November 2009.
* There have been regular visits by former International Hockey players to train our children.
* We had taken up the project of preparing a proper Hockey field with our own expenses and help from M E G & Centre,Bangalore
* During December 2009 Singapore Recreational Club,Singapore visited the Academy and the Orphanage, participated in the tournament we conducted and donated sports equipments and stationary items to all the children of the orphanage.
* In the month of March 2010 Four students from Singapore visited for a week and helped in creating data base of trainees and arranged the library in the Orphanage as part of their College project.
* Our trainees have started representing their school Hockey from this year.
* Our main focus is on life skills which is part of our daily training.
* Once again on Aug 6 students from Kelley Scholl of Business visited our academy.
* Our trainees are representing their School Maria Niketan in the Ongoing G S Randhawa memorial Hockey tournament for schools being played at KSHA stadium Bangalore.
FUNDS FOR THE PROGRAM:
Till date we have been managing the program, with contributions or donations from friends and well wishers.
Income Tax Department (Govt. of India) has permitted us, tax exemptions under 12A and 80G (Tax exemptions for donors).
Children are the decision-makers and leaders of tomorrow. We need to provide them an environment where they are empowered and can take conscious decisions about their life. An environment where they appreciate themselves for what they are and appreciate others for their own uniqueness.
This is our first step. Let’s take these small steps together towards an empowered future for all.
Mr. Jude Felix
President, Jude Felix Hockey Academy
No.68/31, Doddaiah Layout, Jogupalya,
Halasuru, Bangalore – 560 008